Re: "perspiration" paint

  • catslave54
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 19, 2009
      What you want to use is a Schmere crayon. It comes in a roll-on deodorant container; and it washes out! Find it here in a set: http://specialefxunltd.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=SEUI&Product_Code=SK&Category_Code=DSDP OR here in singles : http://www.wardrobesupplies.com/cgi-wardrobesupplies/sb/productsearch.cgi?storeid=*183d8198c44e05ae8061b4774104. It's kind of spendy, but not if you consider that any distressing you do will come out of the garment and therefore the costume can be used for another show. Elizabeth
    • KEVIN LARSEN
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 20, 2009
        You can make the stains permanent in the dress shirts so that you can wash them, without having to reapply distress before every show. I take a spray bottle and a mixture of half water, half bleach. Wet the shirt first so that you don't get blotchy spots of "color". Spray under the arms and around the inside of the collar. Make sure to test on a scrap shirt first for the strength of the bleach solution and the amount of spraying you do. It won't look like much at first but as it dries it gets much yellower. Have fun. I love distressing!!! Check out my blog at www.mysillybluehippo.blogspot.com<http://www.mysillybluehippo.blogspot.com/> and you can see some zombies I did last year.

      • Brandie
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 20, 2009
          Sylvia, Go to August posts and then Halloweenies. They looked really good with their makeup on during the show, but this was a picture from a photo shoot. Still I think you get the picture. :) Brandie:)