RE: [TheCostumersManifesto] Newbie

  • Carin JACOBS
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 11, 2009
      Try The Village Hat Shop in Long Beach.

      Carin
      www.CarinJacobsCostumeDesign.com
      562-547-9276 cell

      To: TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com
      From: Bellejoie@...
      Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 02:13:51 -0400
      Subject: [TheCostumersManifesto] Newbie

      Hi there,

      I joined the group about a month ago but haven't been online much lately to post my intro. I'm Laura. I live in Orange County, Ca with the Fam. I love,love designing and making costumes. I mostly make Princessy type costumes as I have a kids event biz. I have costumed a few shows for our local theater. I am not the best at sewing but it looks good from the outside, ha ha. I basically taught myself how to sew after paying waaayy too much for a simple costume. It's a good time.

      Right now I am going to surprise my friend and get him Dr. Alan Grant's hat from Jurassic Park. He is a major JP fan and has been looking for that hat everywhere. He's been a great friend to us. My question is....

      Do any of you know where I can get a replica or find someone who makes hats?

      Can't wait to get more involved with the group

      Thanks

      Laura