Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] First Victorian

  • Valancy Gilliam
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 7, 2009
      The museums I worked for always used Simply Victorian's patterns at
      http://www.simplyvictorian.com Fairly accurate, not overly difficult to
      understand if you know sewing lingo and one simple dress can easily be made
      in a day if you go slow. I've done some of the simpler outfits in an
      evening and I'm probably a little below intermediate. For the corset, I
      actually took a corset making class where we made the pattern from scratch
      to our form, so I can't be much help there. I could probably dig up the
      instructions from the class but I'm not sure what sense they would make...

    • lanorte1@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 8, 2009
        I'm looking for a source for aglets (aka, aigullettes, cording points).? The only one I've found so far was in England and considering the exchange rate, the cost would be close to $1 each, not counting shipping.? I need a fairly large supply, so I'm hoping to find a better deal...or even a source in this country.? Can anyone help?

        Thanks

        Donna

        .

      • Vagabond_Aero