Where did corset makers get their patterns?

  • vintageconnection
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 2, 2009
      I assume many corset makers from the early 20th century backwards made their own corset patterns. However, were there no professional resources offering corset patterns? For example, we often find tailoring manuals with scaled patterns. Is there something similar for corsets?

      Does anyone know the titles of any such antique books?

      Thanks!
      Kristina
    • kinyaplay
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 2, 2009
        Hi, There are some modern books available that are fairly reliable - here is a link with a number of them:

        http://www.farthingales.on.ca/books.php

        Zed

        --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "vintageconnection" <kriswrite@...> wrote:

        > I assume many corset makers from the early 20th century backwards made their own corset patterns. However, were there no professional resources offering corset patterns? For example, we often find tailoring manuals with scaled patterns. Is there something similar for corsets?
        >
        > Does anyone know the titles of any such antique books?
        >
        > Thanks!
        > Kristina

      • vintageconnection
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 4, 2009
          Thanks, Zed. However, I need only authentic, period pattern for my research. No reproductions.

          Kristina