new jobs

  • bonnie carter
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 25, 2009
      I would also say it depends on the size of the theatre.  Do they have a 4 million dollar budget or a 200,000 budget?  Are you running a shop or designing for productions?  Since it's a non profit theatre, I can almost (almost) guarantee you that your wage will greatly rely on the fact that you love theatre and love costuming and that you'll sacrifice somewhat to do something you love for a good cause.

      I work full time at a community theatre managing a shop with four year-round employees.  Our theatre has two full time people (me and the ED) and six part-time people (including the AD).  I've been there 10 years and make approximately the starting wage of a part-time receptionist in our area.  No benefits.  My wage is in line with what the other people there make (the TD actually makes less than anyone, so it's a wierd little operation).  But I love it and we live in an area where there really are no other theatre opportunities (we're very rural), so it's a nice balance of small town living and getting to do something I love.

      Bonnie
      Theatre-Themed Gifts: www.dramaticallycorrect.com