Re: Star Wars costumes--another resource

  • mongrelmuppet
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 18, 2009
      Thanks for the kind words and the encouragement. I, too, have met some of the community-based Star Wars groups (along with a lot of the Klingon ones) and agree they are usually great groups of people.

      I'm not the greatest about getting pictures of my projects, but I always try. After all the fuss and bother, one of my other contacts came up with this fantastic site:

      http://www.jedi-robe.com/home.html

      as a reply to my request for info on where to buy the things I couldn't easily make (like the light sabers and boots.) They also sell what appears to be a really great and complete replica costume for an incredibly cheap price. My clients have ordered one to see what they look like up close, since I really don't think I can beat the price they are charging here, and it looks as if the quality will meet their needs. I'll likely continue to tinker with this whole concept on my own, though. They still might change their minds (at least one of them wants an outfit in forest green anyway, and one of them has other fitting issues that the pre-made version might not be able to accommodate) and you never know where an experiment might lead you.

      I'm going to have to watch the latest trilogy of movies again...I don't remember the Amidala with the globes...

      Thanks again to all who offered help.