Re: Designing/building Chippendale type costumes

  • annybanany2
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 17 10:06 AM
      As by evidence with the previous posts, there are many thoughts on how to make "stripper" clothing. My experiences in the same was that you need to sew something that stays together long enough before it actually comes off. I have used velcro, snaps, etc. but find that the best and easiest way for me was to use the long snap tape (on the strip) that can be easy to sew on, holds securely and comes off quickly too. As with velcro, the best way to rip them off is by grabbing the top or bottom of the seam. Snap tape is quiet and makes quite an effect on stage. I haven't tried the magnetic strips, but am anxious to see how would work. My previous experience is with the "hot box" girls in Guys and Dolls and the Full Monty guys. Good
      luck

      Jill