Re: Creating a breakaway costume

  • Carolyn Mitchell
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 11, 2009
      If possible remove the magnets before cleaning. Magnets are iron and
      will rust if exposed to water or other oxidizing agents.

      I made a casing and than sewed across the casing at appropriate
      intervals to create small pockets for the magnets. The strength of the
      magnets needed will depend on where they are being used and the amount
      of movement needed before the breakaway. The costumes that I made were
      for dance and the magnets did a fabulous job. With magnets there is not
      an issue with noise.