help please

  • elaine_jacobs61
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 6, 2009
      I am only a "home" sewer, but I have a costume problem I am hoping you can help me with. I am involved in a local 'touring company' show and I need to create a pair of "tear away' pants and shirt for a show we are doing now (I am "an audience member" chosen to replace a missing actor, who then reveals her "true" identity). I am "assuming" the easiest/quickest way for the shirt is to take the buttons sew them on top of the button holes and put velcro on the inside to keep it closed. As for the pants I was thinking just to open the outside leg seam and put in velcro there as well. It has to hold up to a little movement and scrutiny but will be covered for the most part by yet another costume peice (a large foam pirate head that goe over my head and hangs down my front). Am I missing anything important here and which is the best way to install the velcro on the pants so it tears away easily, quickly and with the least amount of fuss as I have to "break into song" ASAP once the costume is off. Tyhanks for your help.

      elaine