Re: [n03l] Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Star Wars costumes

  • Adrian Quinn
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2, 2009
      the 501st is the official costuming group of star wars(they do alot of charities) you have to have an Imperial Costume(officer, stormtrooper or sith lord) there's also the rebel legion(good guys etc).

      For specific type costumes(like boba fett etc) there are sites dedicated directly for that costume.

      From: Jill Eastlake <jill@pothole. com>

      To: "Northern Lights Costumers Guild" <n03l@pothole. com>

      Cc: TheCostumersManifes to@yahoogroups. com

      Date: Monday, June 1, 2009, 11:33 PM

      Hi,

      The largest group of Star Wars fans I'm aware of is called the 501st (five-oh-first) . 501st.com.

      Good luck!

      Jill

      On Jun 1, 2009, at 8:03 PM, Kat Hannon wrote:

      Hi mongrelmuppet, I hope you don't mind but I've forwarded your request to my local Costumers Guild. I think between their members they have attended Every Science Fiction Convention Ever Held *lol* If anyone can offer assistance it would be them..

      =^.^=

      From: mongrelmuppet <mongrelmuppet@ gmail.com>

      Subject: [TheCostumersManife sto] Star Wars costumes

      To: TheCostumersManifes to@yahoogroups. com

      Date: Monday, June 1, 2009, 3:31 PM

      Good day to all.

      I've come out of lurk mode, hoping some kind souls out there can offer me some bits of helpful advice.

      I've been asked to get involved with a group of science fiction/Star Wars/Star Trek fans who are about to start on a year long adventure of attending as many conventions and events as they can all over the world. They will also be making an independent film about their adventures. As you might guess, they want costumes that can stand up to packing, traveling and lots of wearing. Most of their requests, I'm good to go with, but I need some help with the Star Wars stuff. I don't have the luxury of much research time and while I'm a fan, I've never been into it enough to have the knowledge base I find I need for this project.

      Would anyone have personal experience (a favorite pattern used, perhaps? I can alter well, but my drafting skills are not the greatest) or website/group suggestions to share? Most of what I've found on the web so far is incredibly scattered and difficult to sift through. I'm thinking Jedi robes are the best choice for what they need, but it would still be easier if I had better base info. And possibly sources for boots and props that I won't be able to make from scratch as well.

      Thank you in advance for any ideas or leads. I'm most grateful.

      Cheers!