Costume collections in the UK, especially London

  • Anna M.C.
    Message 1 of 1 , May 21, 2009
      I'm seeking some advice, please. In the great listing of UK costume museums and collections here --

      http://www.costumes.org/history/100pages/museelnx.htm#UK

      -- or any others you know about, for that matter, which would you recommend? I've already seen the V&A costume collection, Bath Museum of Costume, Museum of London, York Castle Museum, and Kensington Palace costumes. London or vicinity would be easiest to get to, but I might be able to make a field trip or two out of town, especially if it's a really major collection. I just enjoy looking at costumes -- I'm not a scholar or researcher. Killerton and Berrington Hall both sound good, but they're a bit far for a day trip. If I can manage one, which would you recommend?

      Thank you!

      Anna M.C.