Re: 1776 costumes

  • Jackie Martinez
    Message 1 of 4 , May 10, 2009
      --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "anniethings53" <dabehrens@...> wrote:

      > Can anyone suggest an affordable source for our non-profit group to rent/borrow/trade the men's colonial suits for "1776"? This is a "fund-raiser" and I have a shoestring costume budget. We have one weekend of shows in a small performance venue in early June, so time if running out to have to build all of them. Does anyone rent wigs? We have plenty of white wigs, but I only will put a few men in those. I'd prefer to put the rest in natural color wigs.
      >
      > I have a nice costume collection of many others shows if anyone would consider a trade!
      >
      > Annie B in WI.

      We did 1776 a few months ago and rented from the Fulton Opera and The Theatre Company in Upland, CA.

      Best of luck,

      Jackie Martinez
    • Kat Hannon
      Message 2 of 4 , May 10, 2009
        Do you have any Revolutionary War Re-enactment groups in your area? These folks have the most accurate costumes for the time period and most will let you borrow things if you ask them nicely - some free tickets and a mention in the program wouldn't hurt either.

        =^.^=

        "If a man could be crossed with a cat,
        It would improve the man,
        but it would deteriorate the cat."
        Mark Twain
        Please note that Mark Twain specified
        that the cross would improve the MAN,
        no need to include women in that.
        Women and cats are perfect as is.

        Message 3 of 4 , May 10, 2009
          We did 1776 a few months ago; we rented our costumes from The Fulton Opera and The Theatre Company in Upland, CA.

          Best of luck,
          Jacqueline Martinez