RE: [TheCostumersManifesto] Millinery

  • Melissa Humbert
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 30, 2009
      Judith M Millinery is a fantastic source of most millinery supplies, and
      they're located in Indiana.

      http://www.judithm.com/
    • llsturts@greatlakes.net
      Message 2 of 8 , May 1, 2009
        From the Neck Up: An Illustrated guide to Hatmaking
        by Denise Dreher
        Madhatter Press
        P.O. Boz 7480
        Minneapolis, MN 55407
        www.hatbook.com

        It is a great book.

        > From the Neck Up is a great book for learning hatmaking-
        > don't remember the author right off-
        > I have bought straw on eBay-
        > There are also lots of vintage millinery books on eBay-
        > There is/was a great shop in northern Indiana-
        > Judith M Millinery Supplies-
        > don't have a number handy but I am sure she would be online if she is
        still in business-

        --
        ~lisa.s llsturtsATgreatlakesDOTnet
      • Andrea
        Message 3 of 8 , May 1, 2009
          Classic Millinery Techniques by Ann Albrizio & Osnat Lustig (Lark Books 1998
          - ISBN 1-57990-016-X) may also be of use - Ann Albrizio was the person who
          started the millinery certificate program at FIT (in NYC) and I had the good
          fortune to take a few of her classes. This book could be the next best
          thing to relocating to NYC for the FIT program.

          Andrea

          NYC

          _____

          > There are also lots of vintage millinery books on eBay-
          > There is/was a great shop in northern Indiana-
          > Judith M Millinery Supplies-
          > don't have a number handy but I am sure she would be online if she is
          still in business-

          --
          ~lisa.s llsturtsATgreatlakesDOTnet

        • geneiak
          Message 4 of 8 , May 1, 2009
            http://www.judithm.com/

            this is the website for Judith M
            she has some classes listed for this summer-