fabric store in MA

  • Kate
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 9, 2009
      I am sure most of you are experiencing the same void in fabric stores these days.
      There is one in Cambridge, MA called Sew Low Discount Fabrics.  I wondered if anyone on the list had been to this store and whether is would be worth over an hours drive to go.
      I do not mind the drive if there will be things to choose from when I get there.

      If anyone has any experience with this store I would greatly appreciate your input.
      Also, if there are any other stores I should check out I would love the recommendation.
      Thank you!

      Kat
      Massachusetts
      _,___

    • Kat Hannon
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 9, 2009
        Hi Kate/Kat in Mass from another Kat in Mass.

        I haven't been to that store but I've forwarded this email to the local Costumer's Group, they've been EVERYWHERE and can probably give you a whole list of places.

        =^.^=

        "If a man could be crossed with a cat,
        It would improve the man,
        but it would deteriorate the cat."
        Mark Twain
        Please note that Mark Twain specified
        that the cross would improve the MAN,
        no need to include women in that.
        Women and cats are perfect as is.

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 9, 2009
          Thank you so much!
          There is almost no place out here to go anymore.  The closest is up in Keene and they don't always have cheap prices for what I need.

          I appreciate your sending this on.
          Thanks again
          Kat

          From: Kate <kats01430@yahoo. com>

          To: TheCostumersManifes to@yahoogroups. com

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 9, 2009
            Sew Low has Some great prices on decorator fabrics, sari fabrics, some calicos and some varied stuff in the back including some suiting wools when I was last there (September).

            It is on a divided highway right near Boston, so the best time to get ther is about 1 and plan to leave by 4 to avoid the grid lock and locals - I had the store just about to myself on a Tuesday afternoon.

            I stock wools and some linens and cottons. I've also got trim http://www.cloakmaker.com/trimhook.html and some excellent sources.

            Dina

            --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, Kate <kats01430@...> wrote:

            > I am sure most of you are experiencing the same void in fabric stores these days.
            > There is one in Cambridge, MA called Sew Low Discount Fabrics. I wondered if anyone on the list had been to this store and whether is would be worth over an hours drive to go.
            > I do not mind the drive if there will be things to choose from when I get there.
            >
            > If anyone has any experience with this store I would greatly appreciate your input.
            > Also, if there are any other stores I should check out I would love the recommendation.
            > Thank you!
            >
            > Kat
            > Massachusetts
            > _,___

          • cloakmakerusa
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 10, 2009
              They have a website - check out the blog on the main page with the sewing machine song!

              http://www.sewlowdiscountfabrics.com/

              Dina