Repairing Tulle

  • Wendy Starn
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 6 6:07 AM
      I work with the local non-profit ballet.  We generally butt the edges and overcast stitch the tears back together.  For an underlayer, matching thread usually gets used (volunteer labor).  For an outer layer, you can make the tear pretty much vanish if you use quilters' invisible nylon thread.  It's harder to sew with, like sewing with a fine strand of hair, and you probably need a needle-threader to get it in the needle.

      Wendy L Starn
      Alexandria, Louisiana
      http://public.fotki.com/wlstarn/
      http://splendiferousfiber.blogspot.com/
      SplendiferousFiber.etsy.com

    • themadcouture2001
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 6 5:56 PM
        Thanks to all those who took the time to write to me about the "tulle" problem both on the board and personally. I didn't end up getting the dress in the auction, cause my friend wanted it really bad, so I let her bid, and told her I would fix it for her. Well, she didn't bid high enough, and neither of us got it. But I still find this has been very educational for me.

        Thanks again, everyone! I'll keep restoring my dolls!

        Judy