Re:New Member with question: Cloak- "Dunkelroter Sammetmantle"

  • chrismoore321
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1 10:30 AM
      "Dunkelroter Sammetmantle" means "Dark Red Velvet Cloak" so the other
      color photo was probably of a different garment. This is a guess on
      my part, but it looks to me like a cassock or "casaque" possibly used
      by a guard or musician in a military unit, or a civilian garment
      inspired by military fashion. The stuff attached along the edges
      looks like metallic galloon rather than fringe to me.