Re: I am thrilled today

  • Tracylynn Gomez
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 4, 2009
      Actually i need ball gowns. I hate day wear....
      I could go with a dark color not black... I just LOVE black...
      Lady Fleur/ TRACYLYNN GOMEZ
      www.makingyourdreamcometrue.com
      www.victorianwig.com

      --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, Judy Cataldo
      <judycat@...> wrote:

      > Specifically what period and style of gown are you looking for?
      Dark gowns are shown in 18th century portraits of older women for day
      wear. Ball gowns were generally made in light colors so they would
      show up well in candlelight. If you wear a dark gown in a candlelit
      room your body "disappears" and all that would be seen is your head
      and hands. This is undesireable since you want people to see your
      gown.