I am thrilled today

  • Tracylynn Gomez
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3, 2009
      Finally my stock arrived after ordering it in june of last year....
      I have marie antoinette wigs in color chestnut 6 and 1b black, It is
      rare to get colors other than 613 platinum blonde! So few look good in
      blonde... I DON'T
      Now my questions is does anyone have any pics of women with black or
      dark gowns in paintings?? links???
      I need to get to work on my gown for costume college this year!!
    • Judy Cataldo
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 4, 2009
        Specifically what period and style of gown are you looking for? Dark gowns are shown in 18th century portraits of older women for day wear. Ball gowns were generally made in light colors so they would show up well in candlelight. If you wear a dark gown in a candlelit room your body "disappears" and all that would be seen is your head and hands. This is undesireable since you want people to see your gown.

        Judy

        >Finally my stock arrived after ordering it in june of last year....
        >I have marie antoinette wigs in color chestnut 6 and 1b black, It is
        >rare to get colors other than 613 platinum blonde! So few look good in
        >blonde... I DON'T
        > Now my questions is does anyone have any pics of women with black or
        >dark gowns in paintings?? links???
        >I need to get to work on my gown for costume college this year!!

        St. Distaff Day in Westford
        January 4, 2009
        http://home.earthlink.net/~judycat/index.html
      • Tracylynn Gomez
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 4, 2009
          Actually i need ball gowns. I hate day wear....
          I could go with a dark color not black... I just LOVE black...
          Lady Fleur/ TRACYLYNN GOMEZ
          www.makingyourdreamcometrue.com
          www.victorianwig.com

          --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, Judy Cataldo