  • rermisch
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 17, 2001
      Hi!
      I don't have a pattern for you, but years ago we did the Mikado with a
      Japanese director who wanted a lot of authenticity and the "wings" on the
      garment you speak of were stiffened with 1" flooring foam that you can buy
      by the foot at any flooring or carpeting place. If it is encased in fabric I
      have had no trouble sewing all layers fast to the jacket or vest and it can
      go in a side loader to wash when necessary, just hang upside down to dry.
      Hope it helps.Beck