Amateur Review Of Janet Arnold's Last Book

  • fohmar7887
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 19, 2009
      I bought it at Christmas and its wonderful. Loads of patterns for shirts for men and boys,
      smocks, 15 women's smocks, as well as embroidery and bobbin lace patterns; men's and
      women's drawers; boot hose with feet and footless; gloves, caps, coifs, ruffs, rebatos, more.
      A nice pattern for men's breeches in linen with double-running stitch embroidery. Color
      pictures, the embroideries are stunning. All with the usual histories.

      There is a note in the back regarding a scholarship for those studying costume,
      academically trained or self-taught, that Janet Arnold made provisions for in her will. A
      great lady. 10 years after her death we are fortunate to have this last book.