Re: Tulle issue

  • Kate Murphy
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 11, 2009
      I have found that hand lotion lasts a bit longer than water. If you
      rub hand lotion into your palms until it is "almost" absorbed and
      then rub your hands along the fabric -- BING no more static. There
      is also commercial "Static Guard" but it is VERY pricey.

      When I built tutus during the summer, the humidity took care of the
      problem; this is probably a seasonal issue.

      The hand lotion trick also works very well on legs that are wearing
      tights or pantyhose that cause static to build up against a skirt or
      trouser leg...just have the actor rub hand lotion OVER their
      tights/hose and the static goes away (at least until the next
      performance}.

      Let us know how you solve this --

      Kate Murphy
      Chicago