Re: sequin fabric source suggestions... & HELP!

  • caryneska
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 27, 2008
      Thank you so much for the suggestions, Don. I got a swatch sent from
      Britex but it isn't what we are after. I will try the 17th and Mission
      shop. In the mean time, I have made a discovery via my friend Claudia,
      the owner of tutu.com and it is Mary Jo's fabrics, and they have some
      black sequined at $20.00 a yard, and it was 42" wide. I also ordered
      a swatch from a NYC fabric supplier. It is much more expensive, we
      shall say, but 60" wide. Waechter's had an EXQUISITE sequined fabric
      (silver =( of course) with black organza ribbon roses, which mimic the
      black and white ribbon roses on this coat she is basing the entire
      outfit on. It is perfect-on a black lining fabric..but she won't
      budge. So, while I make the muslin I will get those swatches and get
      up to SF to Mission-that visit may negate the other two..it would be
      nice to stay local (well, Livermore isn't that local to SF, but BART
      sure helps...)
      I shall keep you updated on the great sequin search!