Re:help please

  • Wendy Starn
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 17, 2008
      Here's a book that might help you:

      http://www.amazon.com/Finishing-Figure-Costuming-Embellishments-Accessories/dp/1571201211

      I don't make dolls, but have friends that do.  The author's earlier book was one of the first on art dolls.

      Wendy L Starn

    • geneiak
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 18, 2008
        re: art dolls
        Check online for Artistic Figures In Cloth.
        this is a group of doll artists and classes that meets every other year-
        a lot of the instructors have websites and list when they teach-
        some do online classes-

        retshopbuyer

        -- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "umidyce"
        <paintedthreads@...> wrote:

        > hi everyone...
        > ive searched the net without success and hope that someone here may
        be
        > able to assist. im teaching myself to create art dolls and i want to
        > make elaborate head dresses for them..the type that have beads,
        > sequins, feathers etc (alone or in combination- lol) i cant find a
        > book or online tutorial to explain how these are made... can anyone
        > here help? thanks in advance.. happy holidays to all tonya

      • paintedthreads
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 19, 2008
          thanks for your suggestions.... tonya
          brooklyndollclub-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

          www.paintedthreads.com
          fabric art that speaks to the heart

        • elaine_jacobs61
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 6, 2009
            I am only a "home" sewer, but I have a costume problem I am hoping you can help me with. I am involved in a local 'touring company' show and I need to create a pair of "tear away' pants and shirt for a show we are doing now (I am "an audience member" chosen to replace a missing actor, who then reveals her "true" identity). I am "assuming" the easiest/quickest way for the shirt is to take the buttons sew them on top of the button holes and put velcro on the inside to keep it closed. As for the pants I was thinking just to open the outside leg seam and put in velcro there as well. It has to hold up to a little movement and scrutiny but will be covered for the most part by yet another costume peice (a large foam pirate head that goe over my head and hangs down my front). Am I missing anything important here and which is the best way to install the velcro on the pants so it tears away easily, quickly and with the least amount of fuss as I have to "break into song" ASAP once the costume is off. Tyhanks for your help.

            elaine