Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Re: Jedi costumes?

  • Liberty Campbell
    Message 1 of 18 , Jun 10, 2002
      Me too! That sounds great!

      Liberty
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: mjade19
      Sent: Saturday, June 15, 2002 12:29 PM
      Subject: Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Re: Jedi costumes?

      I am absolutely interested! I would love to have a copy of the patterns. I had no idea they actually published patterns for the costumes when the original movie came out.
      Message 2 of 18 , Jun 16, 2002
        Hi all..

        Well here I am trying to dissect the seamlines on
        Padmes white outfit ( the jersey/spandex one) and the
        blue one... I am going a little crazy, as my female
        friend wants me to make her both for a con. she is
        going to in August.

        Anyone with some idea of seam line for either the
        white outfit OR the blue dress ( the one with the
        diadem at the crotch) taht would be willing toi share,
        I would GREATLY appreciate it... I have been trolling
        the net looking for GOOD patterns...

        Thanks in advance...

        Paul

        Post your ad for free now! http://personals.yahoo.ca
      • sylvia
        Message 3 of 18 , Jun 16, 2002
          Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Padme's outfits on 6/16/02 2:54 PM, Paul Watson at doc41st@... wrote:

          Hi all..

          Well here I am trying to dissect the seamlines on
          Padmes white outfit ( the jersey/spandex one) and the
          blue one... I am going a little crazy, as my female
          friend wants me to make her both for a con. she is
          going to in August.

          Anyone with some idea of seam line for either the
          white outfit OR the blue dress ( the one with the
          diadem at the crotch) taht would be willing toi share,
          I would GREATLY appreciate it... I have been trolling
          the net looking for GOOD patterns...

          Have you checked out this page:
          http://www.padawansguide.com/blue.shtml

          and this:
          http://www.padawansguide.com/white.shtml

          Looks like side seams to me on the white one.

          Sylvia

        • Siebel San
          Message 4 of 18 , Jun 16, 2002
            Me too! I love Star Wars!
            -Jessie

            > Me too! That sounds great!
            >
            > Liberty

            =====
            http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com
          • neimhaille
            Message 5 of 18 , Jun 17, 2002
              > Well here I am trying to dissect the seamlines on
              > Padmes white outfit ( the jersey/spandex one) and the
              > blue one... I am going a little crazy, as my female
              > friend wants me to make her both for a con. she is
              > going to in August.

              I've made a mock up of the white top, and found some great resourses:

              The best place it theforce.net's boards. The costuming section is
              absolutely excellent, and there are links to the best images.

              http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=4704406&page=1

              Firstly the white costume has some really fun seams, no armscye
              seams but a continuation of the shoulder seams down the arm. Then
              there is a panel with fine pin tucks and another shaped piece at the
              front.. there are little pieces in the armpits for shaping...

              The pants have centre front seams as well as side seams, and I think
              there will be seams down the back.

              The thread is several pages long so do read all the posts, I'll link
              the bext images though:
              http://www.starwars.com/community/downloads/wallpaper/viewer/theme200
              10529/2_1280x1024.jpg
              Greatshot, common promo but very large.
              http://www.theforce.net/episode2/newspics/french-1.jpg
              excellent shot of her back. Frustrating how the back is all one
              piece, takes up a lot of fabric.
              http://theforce.net/collecting/toyfair2002/tcg_display_photo1.jpg
              Another good shot of the top seams
              http://media.filmweb.no/materiell/fox/FOX20010476/20.jpg
              This has to be the best, but it is *huge* It very nearly shows each
              individual stitch;)

              good luck
              michaela
              http://recital.tripod.com/costume
            • Mary Ann Shupe
              Message 6 of 18 , Jun 17, 2002
                Me too! I've been a Star Wars fan since the beginning!
                Mary Ann
                > > I am absolutely interested! I would love to have a copy
                > > of the patterns. I had no idea they actually published
                > > patterns for the costumes when the original movie came
                > > out.

              • DARK GOD
                Message 7 of 18 , Jun 17, 2002
                  oow ooow ooooow can i get a copy of the patterns im happy to pay for postage
                  as im in the uk my emial is SLOOPYJON@... email me and we can sort
                  out postage and stuff im interested in chewy han and luke and if any one has
                  the patern for lukes dark jedi costume from retuern of the jedi that waould
                  be way cool
                  sloopyjon

                • Contessa
                  Message 8 of 18 , Jun 17, 2002
                    http://www.swseller.com/CS.htm

                    this web site has the mcalls pattern for star wars, not sure if it's what
                    your looking for.

                    also, ebay has one pattern for starwars characters as well.

                    contessa

                    oow ooow ooooow can i get a copy of the patterns im happy to pay for postage
                    as im in the uk my emial is SLOOPYJON@... email me and we can sort
                    out postage and stuff im interested in chewy han and luke and if any one has
                    the patern for lukes dark jedi costume from retuern of the jedi that waould
                    be way cool
                    sloopyjon

                    >From: "Mary Ann Shupe" <mashupe@...>
                    >To: <TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com>
                    >Subject: Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Re: Jedi costumes?
                    >Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 12:19:34 -0400
                    >
                    >Me too! I've been a Star Wars fan since the beginning!
                    >Mary Ann

                  • NewspaperAnnie
                    Message 9 of 18 , Jun 19, 2002
                      For any of Padme's costumes, check out the threads linked here:

                      Message 10 of 18 , Jun 20, 2002
                        I'm making a primitive pleated dress out of silk gauze to add to the line of
                        clothing I sell online and have a question about the pleating process. I've
                        read Tara's instructions on her website and am wondering if the lengthy
                        process she describes will actually work any better than what I tried, which
                        is to scrunch up the dress and insert it through the leg of a pair of
                        panyhose, wet it, coil it up and let dry. Since her instructions say not
                        to press the fabric once its pleated, I'm assuming that the pleating is not
                        made any more permanent by the boiling and nuking. Am I wrong here or is
                        there some advantage to the extreme heat when working with silk?

                        Sylvia Rognstad
                        --
                        Divinity Designs and Emeralds
                        http://www.d-e-designs.com
                        Message 11 of 18 , Jun 20, 2002
                          When I've done this sort of pleating (erm... something
                          similar at least) (irashi shibori) the boiling water
                          and hot hot heater helps set the pleats in synthetics,
                          making them permanent through washing (though not
                          through ironing). Silks and other natural fibers will
                          need to be re-pleated after every washing. I'm
                          guessing (having not read Tara's instructions - or
                          knowing who she is!) that nuking is to dry it a bit
                          faster then normal.... no idea about the boiling... if
                          its for natural fibers.
                          -dawn

                          http://taxes.yahoo.com/