Portable Xmas tree lights

  • hunnyb8975
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 2, 2008
      Hey Family,

      I now looking for 'Portable Xmas tree lights', is there such a thing?

      I need to make a sexy xmas tree costume (dont ask..lol) and I want to
      add lights...preferably that twinkle.

      Where can I find lights to add to my costume, that run off battery and
      allow me to walk around the party?

      Thanx HunnyBunny
    • Curtis
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 3, 2008
        Look in the craft stores. The local Ben Franklin store has had
        battery-powered Christmas lights all year, but they really stock up on
        them during this season. The strings they have don't twinkle...but I
        think you can buy a special bulb that makes the lights on the string
        flash (I know they used to have them, I haven't seen any recently).
        Even the Christmas section of Walmart had them, last year, and they
        were actually cheaper than the craft store price.

        If you're kind of handy, you can actually connect several strings
        together and put them on a single switch (I had to do this for a
        costume for the number 'Gimmick', from Gypsy), or you can buy some of
        the 'rice lights' or LED strings and wire them for batteries instead
        of plugging in (I had to do that for a different production...same
        number.)

        --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "hunnyb8975"
        <hunnyb8975@...> wrote:

        > Hey Family,
        >
        > I now looking for 'Portable Xmas tree lights', is there such a thing?
        >
        > I need to make a sexy xmas tree costume (dont ask..lol) and I want to
        > add lights...preferably that twinkle.
        >
        > Where can I find lights to add to my costume, that run off battery and
        > allow me to walk around the party?
        >

        > Thanx HunnyBunny

      • Zack Glouser
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 4, 2008
          Many places have battery operated light strings, Wal-mart. Big Lots, etc., Books a Million had Christmas light necklaces alternating LED lights and faux colored light bulbs with a button battery, not many lights but light weight, Lowes has a string of 36 LEDs, red and green chasing lights that uses aa or aaa batteries. I recommend LEDs, the mini bulb battery sets are cheaper, but often use c cell batteries and your covered in delicate, breakable glass light bulbs.
          Are you going to use a Christmas tree skirt as a mini skirt, maybe with red or green fishnet stockings? I've seen Christmas tree toboggans, have fun
        • queenortart
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 8, 2008
            I bought 3 strings from ebay really easily - try searching for

            Fairy Lights Battery Operated Flashing

            Good luck