RE: [TheCostumersManifesto] Civil War repro shoes

  • Thomas Robinson
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 21, 2008
      I am a Civil War reenactor, and I can tell you that what they are experiencing is authenticity. They are shoes built on original lasts in many cases and on accurate patterns in all cases. Try Matamoros Boots or Robert Land, Ltd. for a more custom fit.
      Tom

      To: TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.comFrom: costumegallery@...: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 18:08:47 -0500Subject: Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Civil War repro shoes

      I get the same complaint. I put Dr. Scholl's gel inserts in the shoes. It helps.JoyCostume Gallery638 Monmouth St.Newport, KY 41071859-655-9419costumegallery@...-newport.comOn Nov 21, 2008, at 5:24 PM, costumepirate wrote:> Does anyone have a source for reproduction Civil War shoes that are> comfortable? I know, a lot to ask. I have had some difficulty with> the comfort level of fugawee as well as Blockade Runner. They look> great but have gotten a lot of actor complaints, saying they are hard> as rocks and not enough support. Any leads would be much> appreciated.>> Cheers!> Emme Hall> Costume Manager> Ford's Theatre> Washington DC>>> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]