Help with ideas needed

  • raggedyscrapper
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 20, 2008
      I have to design a Christmas theme costume for a large interactive
      remote control ambulance used as a public awareness segway for
      children. I am stumped as to what to do to "dress up" the vehicle.

      It's difficult to attach anything to it for fear of wrecking the
      paint & stickers on it. I thought about a "slip cover" type costume
      simular to it's storage cover using fabric & decorating it like a huge
      present but I have to leave it's face viewable, the eyes open & close &
      there is a speaker where it's voice emits.

      The size of this vehicle is 2ft wide x 4ft tall x 3ft deep so it is
      quite sizeable.
      HELP! PLEASE!! Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
      TIA~
    • Costume Gallery
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 21, 2008
        You could make a Sled Slip Cover for it.
        Costume Gallery
        638 Monmouth St.
        Newport, KY 41071
        859-655-9419
        costumegallery@...
        www.costumegallery-newport.com

        On Nov 20, 2008, at 11:27 AM, raggedyscrapper wrote:

        > I have to design a Christmas theme costume for a large interactive
        > remote control ambulance used as a public awareness segway for
        > children. I am stumped as to what to do to "dress up" the vehicle.
        >
        > It's difficult to attach anything to it for fear of wrecking the
        > paint & stickers on it. I thought about a "slip cover" type costume
        > simular to it's storage cover using fabric & decorating it like a huge
        > present but I have to leave it's face viewable, the eyes open &
        > close &
        > there is a speaker where it's voice emits.
        >
        > The size of this vehicle is 2ft wide x 4ft tall x 3ft deep so it is
        > quite sizeable.
        > HELP! PLEASE!! Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
        > TIA~

      • Pierre & Sandy Pettinger
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 21, 2008
          That's what I was going to suggest also - maybe something like
          crossing "Cars" with Santa's sleigh? That would give it a "face" and
          put the holiday theme in as well...

          Have fun!

          Sandy
          (who once turned a Voyager minivan into an elephant for a parade....)

          At 02:44 PM 11/21/2008, you wrote:

          >You could make a Sled Slip Cover for it.
          >Costume Gallery
          >638 Monmouth St.
          >Newport, KY 41071
          >859-655-9419
          ><mailto:costumegallery%40fuse.net>costumegallery@...
          >www.costumegallery-newport.com
          >
          >On Nov 20, 2008, at 11:27 AM, raggedyscrapper wrote:
          >
          > > I have to design a Christmas theme costume for a large interactive
          > > remote control ambulance used as a public awareness segway for
          > > children. I am stumped as to what to do to "dress up" the vehicle.
          > >
          > > It's difficult to attach anything to it for fear of wrecking the
          > > paint & stickers on it. I thought about a "slip cover" type costume
          > > simular to it's storage cover using fabric & decorating it like a huge
          > > present but I have to leave it's face viewable, the eyes open &
          > > close &
          > > there is a speaker where it's voice emits.
          > >
          > > The size of this vehicle is 2ft wide x 4ft tall x 3ft deep so it is
          > > quite sizeable.
          > > HELP! PLEASE!! Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
          > > TIA~

          "Those Who Fail to Learn History
          Are Doomed to Repeat It;
          Why They Are Simply Doomed."

          Achemdro'hm
          "The Illusion of Historical Fact"
          -- C. Y. 4971

          Andromeda
        • raggedyscrapper
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 21, 2008
            Thanks very much for replying, I like the idea. Still contemplating on
            what to do...
          • kneebytr
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 22, 2008
              Is there any glass on the ambulance you could use suction cups to
              attach things with?
              How about a Rudolph costume? Antlers and a red nose, it was a popular
              auto accessory item around here last year.
              If not that,could you use wrap parts of it with red and green
              pipecleaners?

              --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "raggedyscrapper"
              <raggedyscrapper@...> wrote:

              > I have to design a Christmas theme costume for a large interactive
              > remote control ambulance used as a public awareness segway for
              > children. I am stumped as to what to do to "dress up" the vehicle.
              >
              > It's difficult to attach anything to it for fear of wrecking the
              > paint & stickers on it. I thought about a "slip cover" type costume
              > simular to it's storage cover using fabric & decorating it like a huge
              > present but I have to leave it's face viewable, the eyes open & close &
              > there is a speaker where it's voice emits.
              >
              > The size of this vehicle is 2ft wide x 4ft tall x 3ft deep so it is
              > quite sizeable.
              > HELP! PLEASE!! Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
              > TIA~

            • raggedyscrapper
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 26, 2008
                There isn't any glass on it, it is all hard plastic on a motorized
                chasis. There are only openings for the eyes & it has "eyelids" that
                go up & down.
                I had thought about a rudolph theme also. I thought perhaps I could
                use a brown knit fabric to create a wide band that I could wrap around
                the light bar on the top like a headband & affix 2 reindeer horns to
                either side, then a large fuzzy red ball cool glued to the front for
                his nose.
                Can you think of anything else I can add if I use this theme without
                it looking gaudy or overdone?
                Thanks so much~!
              • Pierre & Sandy Pettinger
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 26, 2008
                  Sleigh Bells, of course!

                  Sandy

                  At 02:24 PM 11/26/2008, you wrote:

                  >There isn't any glass on it, it is all hard plastic on a motorized
                  >chasis. There are only openings for the eyes & it has "eyelids" that
                  >go up & down.
                  >I had thought about a rudolph theme also. I thought perhaps I could
                  >use a brown knit fabric to create a wide band that I could wrap around
                  >the light bar on the top like a headband & affix 2 reindeer horns to
                  >either side, then a large fuzzy red ball cool glued to the front for
                  >his nose.
                  >Can you think of anything else I can add if I use this theme without
                  >it looking gaudy or overdone?
                  >Thanks so much~!

                  "Those Who Fail to Learn History
                  Are Doomed to Repeat It;
                  Why They Are Simply Doomed."

                  Achemdro'hm
                  "The Illusion of Historical Fact"
                  -- C. Y. 4971

                  Andromeda
                • Curtis
                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 27, 2008
                    <raggedyscrapper@...> wrote:

                    > Can you think of anything else I can add if I use this theme without
                    > it looking gaudy or overdone?

                    The first thing that came to mind when I read the question was a Santa
                    hat...either attached to the band over the lightbar or attached in
                    similar fashion to the nose, directly above the windshield.

                    Do I think it's needed? Probably not. But it's a little extra
                    festive touch that's very simple to do and conveys a pretty clear
                    message--in the States, at least, the hat is probably as much a
                    Christmas icon as a wreath or Rudolph himself.