glitter tulle

  • gsbse1
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 15, 2008
      I am making the ballgowns for Cinderella this spring and am planning on using tulle to make
      the skirt portion I'd like to use glittered tulle but it doesn't fit the budget. Is there a way to
      glitter the plain tulle maybe apply a spray glitter? Is there such a thing that won't melt nylon
      tulle. Thanks
    • Terry
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 17, 2008
        I just did the Starkeeper in Carousel. I made a robe of cotton blend
        fabric(budget again) and sprayed the robe with spray adhesive then dusted it
        with iridescent card making glitter. It caught the stage lights wonderfully

        Terry

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 17, 2008
          They make spray glitter. Joanns sells it. Probably Michaels too.

          Sylvia

          On Nov 15, 2008, at 6:18 AM, gsbse1 wrote:

          > I am making the ballgowns for Cinderella this spring and am planning
          > on using tulle to make
          > the skirt portion I'd like to use glittered tulle but it doesn't fit
          > the budget. Is there a way to
          > glitter the plain tulle maybe apply a spray glitter? Is there such a
          > thing that won't melt nylon
          > tulle. Thanks

        • Cat Devereaux
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 17, 2008
            >>They make spray glitter. Joanns sells it. Probably Michaels too.

            That glitter spray won't show up very well unless you're in a very small
            theater.

            On just the top layer you could glue random sequins, or paint up glitter
            stars... but you'd need a lot of room to spread out the yardage to dry.

            -Cat-