Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Textbooks

  • Sandrew
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 10, 2008
      it was a required text in my first costume construction class.  We didnt' really do any projects based on what we read, but it has great info, and explains it rather well.

      --sandy

      "Everyone needs a little nudist!"
      - Sandy, December 11, 2003

      "Mo-Town minibombed Vietnam?" (that was me, yes, yes it was)

      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 11, 2008
        I have used it for years and find it a good choice. The class is a
        beginning costume/crafts class (not a design class, although they do a
        little as part of the class). The students are a mix of theatre and
        fashion students, most of whom have never done any costume work, and
        many have never touched a sewing machine. The book has so much
        excellent basic information for them, and I tell my students who plan
        to go on to do more costuming that it will be a great reference source
        in the future.
        Cynthia Corley
        Orange Coast College
        Costa Mesa, CA

        --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "David" <djuby@...> wrote:

        > Wondering if any educators out there have used "The Costume
        Technicians
        > Handbook" as a class text at the college or uni level? Thoughts?

      • Shadow's Silk
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 12, 2008
          I too used it in the classroom. I find it is invaluable as a resource tool
          for patterns. Excellent!
          Jacquie