Re: Selling costumes

  • Diana Wolf
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 20, 2008
      Hi Peggy,
      You could open an etsy shop- www.etsy.com which is a great selling
      venue for handmade items along with art/craft supplies, patterns, and
      also vintage items.
      It is a great site and it is very inexpensive to list there. 20 cents
      a listing which can stay up for four months! and then a tiny
      percentage of final price.

      Good luck.

      oh, you could list them on etsy while also try selling on other sites
      (or advertising your etsy shop) so if they sell you can then delete
      from etsy- for a twenty cent investment its a great deal. Etsy is
      international too.

      (also good for those of you who make costumes)
      Have a great week.

      PS
      You could also look for more costuming groups on Yahoo, google, Live
      Journal, and other networking groups that will allow "Comms" and
      selling groups- there are tons of them on Yahoo-
      It is a lot of work- I do it every so often when I list on ebay,
      usually get lots of hits from it but it takes time to do it.
      Don't forget to copy and paste your post for the selling groups so you
      don't have to retype the message every time.
      If you want a list of my selling groups let me know and I'll email
      them to you.
      (if you find some let me know too.) Hope this helps you.
      Thanks!
      And anyone else who might need it.
      Diana

      (the lurker)

      --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, peggy salvail
      <psalvail@...> wrote:

      > HI I'm looking for a site on line to sell some of my costumes. They
      are varied, I have some corsets, capes and Victorian era clothing plus
      Renaissance also. I have been to Reenactor stuff dot com but there is
      not much action there. Any ideas. Thanks Peggy