Re: Question concerning church vestments

  • Carolyn
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2008
      I heard once that the SCA has rules against having religious
      ceremonies, so I looked it up. This is the gist of what I found:
      "...this should not be construed as any sort of general ban on
      religion -- so long as it's kept low-key and personal, it's fine. Many
      people in the SCA have clerical personae, and it is fairly common to
      have religious ceremonies at events. The key is that they have to be
      off on the side, not a key or official element of the event. "

      More links:
      http://jducoeur.org/Justin/questions-faq.html#religion
      http://cunnan.sca.org.au/wiki/Religion

      Carolyn

      --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Wymarc"
      <rwymarc@...> wrote:

      > I am currently working on a set of vestments for an SCA wedding. I
      have found repeated references to a set of vestment dimension rules
      set down by St. Charles Borromeo, the 16th century Cardinal Archbishop
      of Milan, but I can't find a reference to the original source. Does
      anyone out there have an idea where I might be able to find it?