Question concerning church vestments

  • Richard Wymarc
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2008
      I am currently working on a set of vestments for an SCA wedding. I have found repeated references to a set of vestment dimension rules set down by St. Charles Borromeo, the 16th century Cardinal Archbishop of Milan, but I can't find a reference to the original source. Does anyone out there have an idea where I might be able to find it?

      Richard Wymarc

    • Carolyn
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 2, 2008
        I heard once that the SCA has rules against having religious
        ceremonies, so I looked it up. This is the gist of what I found:
        "...this should not be construed as any sort of general ban on
        religion -- so long as it's kept low-key and personal, it's fine. Many
        people in the SCA have clerical personae, and it is fairly common to
        have religious ceremonies at events. The key is that they have to be
        off on the side, not a key or official element of the event. "

        More links:
        http://jducoeur.org/Justin/questions-faq.html#religion
        http://cunnan.sca.org.au/wiki/Religion

        Carolyn