Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] hip New Yorkers

  • Cat Devereaux
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 24, 2008
      >>We are talking white collar, but I'm thinking of a firm like Google or
      something computer related and staffed by a lot of younger tech people
      making lots of money who don't have the same corporate dress image as
      older folks. I think their dress would look hipper and trendier.

      Ah.... if you're talking tech... you're talking geek culture. Hip
      dressing is a clean t-shirt w/o holes and a cool saying on it.

      Geek culture hates the suit. It's comfortable jeans, and in a really
      "hip" office... shoes are left by the desk.... now the Wall Street
      Group... those guys go for the suit and GQ mag. Try googling
      metro-sexual. That's how Showtime has been trying to dress "The Tudors"
      (seriously) Different century, but metro-sexual style.

      -Cat-

      -Cat-