Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Kool-Aid????

  • Julia Logan Trimarco
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 10, 2002
      You're welcome! The same authors, Liz Covey and Rosemary Ingham, also put
      out The Costume Designer's Handbook, and collaborated some with Deborah
      Dryden on her book ,Costume Dyeing and Painting (not %100 sure of the title,
      something like that).
      I could recommend tons of books, but probably most of them are listed in the
      extensive bibliographies at the back of the Costume Technician's Handbook.

      >From: peggy salvail <psalvail@...>
      >To: TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Kool-Aid????
      >Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 15:13:06 -0700 (PDT)
      >
      >Julia ty for the great gift idea!!! My daughter just
      >graduated from collage with a BA is Fashion design /
      >Costume consentration. I have been trying to think of
      >a good resorce book to get her this(The Costume Tech
      >Handbook) sounds great . Peggy
      >
      >--- Julia Logan Trimarco <jypsiedesign@...>
      >wrote:
      > > I agree, Earth Guild is a great source, I use their
      > > catalog a lot. > Dharma is a great source, and their catalog is
      > > complete with instructions on
      > > how to use the dyes, they have website.
      > > Aljo is listed in the back of THE COSTUME
      > > TECHNICIANS HANDBOOK by Liz Covey
      > > (a great book which also has some great dyeing
      > > advice).
      > > EarthGuild is great for natural plant dyes and books
      > > on the subject.

    • peggy salvail
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 10, 2002
        Julia I notices the Designers book when I checked out
        the tech book at Amazon... sure wish there was a way
        to get them at a reduced price I'll do a little
        checking with my daughter to see if she's interested
        them I'll order (always safe to do that) Thanks again

        http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com