powder blue tuxedo

  • nycfabricfinder
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 8, 2008
      Hi,
      I am looking for a powder blue tuxedo for a show. Not a "Dumb & Dumber"
      style, but a traditional 70's style tuxedo. My online search has
      mostly yielded "costume" versions which don't look that great. Anyone
      have any ideas where I might be able to find one?
      Thanks,
      Cheryl McCarron
      NYC Fabric Finder
    • Debra
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 16, 2008
        A search on eBay found
        this:http://stores.ebay.com/Vintage-Clothing-and-Tuxedo-Shop_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ0QQftidZ2QQpZ2QQtZkm
        which looks like it has one D&D style but there was another one that
        was more traditional. You may want to check with older bridal stores
        that had rentals, thrift stores and even old photo studios. I know one
        studio where I worked in the 80s had all kinds of old jackets and
        shirts we used for photos.
        Good Luck!
      • geneiak
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 17, 2008
          There is a good chance that Casablanca Vintage in Cincinnati might have
          this item.They do rentals.
          Don't have their number handy but they are on Spring Grove Ave.

          There used to be a guy in NYC named Curtis Hay that had vintage rentals.
          Don't know if he is still around or not.

          retshopbuyer-

          -- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "nycfabricfinder"
          <nycfabricfinder@...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          > I am looking for a powder blue tuxedo for a show. Not a "Dumb &
          Dumber"
          > style, but a traditional 70's style tuxedo. My online search has
          > mostly yielded "costume" versions which don't look that great. Anyone
          > have any ideas where I might be able to find one?
          > Thanks,
          > Cheryl McCarron
          > NYC Fabric Finder

        • Paula McWhirter-Buck
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 17, 2008
            FORMAL WEAR by MONKEYSUITS has them for sale for not much more then what rent would cost.

            http://stores.ebay.com/Formalwear-Outlet-by-Monkeysuits_Vintage-Tuxedos_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZQ2d1QQfsubZ2QQftidZ2QQpZ8QQtZkm