Re: dyeing feathers

  • Tracylynn Gomez
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 8, 2008
      I am wholesale I am placing a order for feathers by monday 5am
      pacific... if anyone needs anything I will include you..
      This week only below normal price... YES MY SOURCE IS LOWER that
      ostrich's,hollywood,zucker, and mother plucker!!
      I have a bunch of ostrich here now some shaded!! they do other
      feathers... boas too!
      makingyourdreamcometrue.com

      --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, Pierre & Sandy
      Pettinger <costumrs@...> wrote:

      > Last time I looked, Zucker's was wholesale only. We've used
      > Hollywood Fancy Feather <www.hollywoodfancyfeather.com/> or
      Ostriches
      > online <www.ostrich.com/>.
      >
      > HFF has a $50 minimum. They're in L.A, and you can walk in and buy
      > stuff if you're in the area. No minimum if you walk in.
      >
      > Ostriches has feathers other than ostrich, but that's their primary
      > item. They have no minimum order. They also ship internationally,
      > for those of you outside the US. Be careful if you order their
      > seconds, however - we did and they're pretty sparse and have some
      > damage. Best for use in large masses, rather than singly. We've
      had
      > no problem with the first quality feathers. They also sell other
      > ostrich products, like eggshells.
      >
      > HTH,
      > Sandy
      >
      > At 10:14 PM 9/8/2008, you wrote:
      >
      > >have you tried ZUCKER'S FEATHERS. they have a website.
      > ><http://www.zuckerfeather.com/>http://www.zuckerfeather.com/
      > >and deal all kinds of feathers in all kinds of colors in all kinds
      of lengths.

      > >blessings,
      > >paula
      > >
      > >--- On Mon, 9/8/08, Sylvia Rognstad
      > ><<mailto:sylvia%40ntw.net>sylvia@...> wrote:
      > >
      > >From: Sylvia Rognstad <<mailto:sylvia%40ntw.net>sylvia@...>
      > >
      > >It's been a long time since I did any feather dyeing and I can't
      recall
      > >if the feathers, ostrich in this case, will retain their shape once
      > >dyed. I need colors not obtainable locally. If not, anyone know
      where
      > >to buy them online and maybe more reasonably than at Hobby Lobby or
      > >Michaels?
      > >
      > >Sylvia Rognstad

    • costumepirate
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 9, 2008
        I use Mother Pluckers...mostly because I like the name.
        www.motherpluckerfeathercompany.net

        Emme Hall
        Costume Manager
        Ford's Theatre

        --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, Sylvia Rognstad
        <sylvia@...> wrote:

        > It's been a long time since I did any feather dyeing and I can't
        recall
        > if the feathers, ostrich in this case, will retain their shape
        once
        > dyed. I need colors not obtainable locally. If not, anyone know
        where
        > to buy them online and maybe more reasonably than at Hobby Lobby
        or
        > Michaels?
        >
        > Sylvia Rognstad

      • Sylvia Rognstad
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 12, 2008
          How soon would I be able to get them?

          On Sep 8, 2008, at 10:40 PM, Tracylynn Gomez wrote:

          > I am wholesale I am placing a order for feathers by monday 5am
          > pacific... if anyone needs anything I will include you..
          > This week only below normal price... YES MY SOURCE IS LOWER that
          > ostrich's,hollywood,zucker, and mother plucker!!
          > I have a bunch of ostrich here now some shaded!! they do other
          > feathers... boas too!
          > makingyourdreamcometrue.com
          >
          > --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, Pierre & Sandy
          > Pettinger <costumrs@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Last time I looked, Zucker's was wholesale only. We've used
          > > Hollywood Fancy Feather <www.hollywoodfancyfeather.com/> or
          > Ostriches
          > > online <www.ostrich.com/>.
          > >
          > > HFF has a $50 minimum. They're in L.A, and you can walk in and buy
          > > stuff if you're in the area. No minimum if you walk in.
          > >
          > > Ostriches has feathers other than ostrich, but that's their primary
          > > item. They have no minimum order. They also ship internationally,
          > > for those of you outside the US. Be careful if you order their
          > > seconds, however - we did and they're pretty sparse and have some
          > > damage. Best for use in large masses, rather than singly. We've
          > had
          > > no problem with the first quality feathers. They also sell other
          > > ostrich products, like eggshells.
          > >
          > > HTH,
          > > Sandy
          > >
          > > At 10:14 PM 9/8/2008, you wrote:
          > >
          > > >have you tried ZUCKER'S FEATHERS. they have a website.
          > > ><http://www.zuckerfeather.com/>http://www.zuckerfeather.com/
          > > >and deal all kinds of feathers in all kinds of colors in all kinds
          > of lengths.
          > > >
          > > >blessings,
          > > >paula
          > > >
          > > >--- On Mon, 9/8/08, Sylvia Rognstad
          > > ><<mailto:sylvia%40ntw.net>sylvia@...> wrote:
          > > >
          > > >From: Sylvia Rognstad <<mailto:sylvia%40ntw.net>sylvia@...>
          > > >
          > > >It's been a long time since I did any feather dyeing and I can't
          > recall
          > > >if the feathers, ostrich in this case, will retain their shape once
          > > >dyed. I need colors not obtainable locally. If not, anyone know
          > where
          > > >to buy them online and maybe more reasonably than at Hobby Lobby or
          > > >Michaels?
          > > >
          > > >Sylvia Rognstad

        • Tracylynn Gomez
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 12, 2008
            I am in oceanside i can order them and have them By friday OR
            earlier depending on shipping speed needed!
            e-mail me your needs!! I can actually do it today!!
            <sylvia@...> wrote:

            > How soon would I be able to get them?
            >

            > On Sep 8, 2008, at 10:40 PM, Tracylynn Gomez wrote:
            >
            > > I am wholesale I am placing a order for feathers by monday 5am
            > > pacific... if anyone needs anything I will include you..
            > > This week only below normal price... YES MY SOURCE IS LOWER that
            > > ostrich's,hollywood,zucker, and mother plucker!!
            > > I have a bunch of ostrich here now some shaded!! they do other
            > > feathers... boas too!
            > > makingyourdreamcometrue.com
            > >
            > > --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, Pierre & Sandy
            > > Pettinger <costumrs@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Last time I looked, Zucker's was wholesale only. We've used
            > > > Hollywood Fancy Feather <www.hollywoodfancyfeather.com/> or
            > > Ostriches
            > > > online <www.ostrich.com/>.
            > > >
            > > > HFF has a $50 minimum. They're in L.A, and you can walk in and
            buy
            > > > stuff if you're in the area. No minimum if you walk in.
            > > >
            > > > Ostriches has feathers other than ostrich, but that's their
            primary
            > > > item. They have no minimum order. They also ship
            internationally,
            > > > for those of you outside the US. Be careful if you order their
            > > > seconds, however - we did and they're pretty sparse and have
            some
            > > > damage. Best for use in large masses, rather than singly. We've
            > > had
            > > > no problem with the first quality feathers. They also sell
            other
            > > > ostrich products, like eggshells.
            > > >
            > > > HTH,
            > > > Sandy

            > > of lengths.

            > > recall
            > > where
            Lobby or

          • Sylvia Rognstad
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 12, 2008
              I'm meeting with the woman who's building it for me shortly and can get
              back to you after that. Any idea how much long ostrich feathers will
              cost? Since I have to pay for shipping, I need to determine if it will
              be cost effective.