Re: Iron On Costume Labels

  • mymagicwanda
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 11, 2008
      --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "Jenny" <jennylizz@...>
      wrote:

      > Hello!
      >
      > I am looking for a good source for custom Iron on labels to be put in
      > costumes.
      > I would like the labels to say the name of my department and have a
      > line for the name of the actor or character the costume was created
      > for. I have seen these, so I know I'm not asking the impossible. :)
      >
      > thanks in advance for all your help!
      >
      > Jenny Pool
      > Iowa Western Community College

      Jenny, I found some great inexpensive iron on labels at NameLabels.com
      As I remember they will print on them also, come in different sizes.
      They also have the pen that won't wash out. Good luck
    • Tara Maginnis
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 13, 2008
        I don't know if you know about the P-Touch Labeling system by Brother
        http://www.brother-usa.com/PTouch/ but we use it to label everything
        in the DVC shop, because my dad comes in once a week to volunteer, and
        he loves making good clear easy to remove labels. He found out that
        Brother also makes tape for the labeler that is iron-on, so now he is
        also making my costume labels. The tape isn't cheap, but it makes
        really clear to read but tiny labels that iron in easily, and come off
        easily at will when reheated with an iron as well. I don't know how
        well they last for long term, but if properly applied they do hold up
        for a one month run with washing done each week.
      • geneiak
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 14, 2008
          Tara,
          Could you give us the actual model number?
          There are a lot of options on that site.
          Also, I didn't see the iron on tape listed.
          Is there a product number available for that also?

          Thanks,

          retshopbuyer

          --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "Tara Maginnis"

          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 14, 2008
            --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "geneiak"
            <retshopbuyer@...> wrote:

            > Tara,
            > Could you give us the actual model number?

            The iron on tape is TZFA3
            http://www.onsale.com/shop/detail.aspx?dpno=940501&store=onsale&source=bwbfroogle
            and any of their labeling systems that say they use TZ tapes will work
            with it. One example
            http://www.brother-usa.com/Ptouch/ModelDetail.aspx?ProductID=PT1830
            The systems are easy to find for sale at stores that sell office
            supplies and tech toys, and you can often find them cheap in a package
            with the regular labeling tapes in a bundle at Costco and other big
            box places. The fabric tape however is rather hard to find anywhere
            but online. I've only ever found it on the shelf at Frys, and then
            only rarely. MAKE SURE TO GET TZ SERIES SYSTEMS though, the little
            handheld versions and some others wont work with TZ tapes.
          • geneiak
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 16, 2008
              Tara,
              Sounds good-