Machine Advise

  • Kate Murphy
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 5, 2008
      Does anyone have experience with the Tacsew model BLST-2 portable
      blindhemmer machine? I am most interested in how it handles lighter
      weight fabrics and how reliable the tension adjustment is.

      Also, I am weighing whether to stick with a new Bernina 1008 (all
      mechanical)machine or upgrade to the industrial Bernina, the Tacsew
      950. It would have to handle everything from chiffon to heavy canvas
      with minimal adjustment. I have a Bernina 1008 and like it very much,
      but I could use more power as long as I don't have to sacrifice my
      delicate work to it. My Consew industrial is a Bear and requires major
      babying and tension adjustment when I switch fabrics. I don't want
      another one like it! Does anyone have real life costume experience
      using these two machines -- how would you compare them?

      Thank you so much

      Kate Murphy
      Chicago