Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Re: How do you manage your costume wardrobe?

  • Randolph Keator
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 2, 2008
      Thank you ! ! I was waiting for someone to say that. The first time it happens should be the LAST time it happens. Think of those costumes as your tools. How valuable are your tools to you ? Once again this is where written contracts come in extremely handy. Kids up to . . oh about age 8 ( who should be adult supervised anyway) maybe I'd give one pass. For adults; absolutely no tolerance and it would/should be strictly adhered to. So much easier to be the "bad" guy right from the get-go.
      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 12, 2008
        LOL, Love the costume Nazi idea!

        Donna

        --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "Kate Murphy"
        <costumerkate@...> wrote:

        > I agree with Curtis -- emphatically. The only way to avoid
        problems
        > is supervison -- and padlocks: lots of them! The kind that only you
        > have the keys to.
        >
        > I do have one additional comment. If you can't dedicate a staff
        > member to this job, an official "Grumpy Old Lady" (or "Grouchy Old
        > Man") volunteer can be most effective. In exchange for free
        tickets
        > and invitations to all your parties, a rabidly protective volunteer
        > who loves theater and thrives on a bit of power can do WONDERS for
        > your costume storage issues. At my first job out of college (as
        Tech