Re: Stain Treatments (WAS: Costuming a movie)

  • Curtis
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 20 10:55 AM
      --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, Trim Fairy
      <trimfairy@...> wrote:

      > My two absolute favorite stain treatments are gonzo and the new Tide
      pen. Gonzo gets almost EVERYTHING out, but you have to use a lot and
      you have to wash it pretty quickly or you can get a stain ring. Tide
      pen gets nearly everything out and does not seem to leave a stain ring...

      I've become a very big fan of Spot Shot, which I've found to be
      phenomenal at removing makeup stains, even in extreme situations (like
      taking eyeliner pencil out of dupioni silk). It's not foolproof...but
      it does a pretty impressive job. Make sure, if you're using it, that
      you've got CLEAN white rags to blot with...I have given myself mild
      coronary gyrations by transferring residue from an old stain onto a
      garment I was trying to clean...