Bravo Tara for your comments

  • Molly Dewane
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 2, 2002
      I grew up working with a theater company that
      instilled respect for tech people, actors, and anyone
      else involved in a production. It wasn't until
      leaving my hometown that I started meeting prima donna
      actors and directors with no respect for costuming.
      Tara, your comments are so on track. I would love to
      hear your seminar on actors and costumers. As an
      actor, director, and costumer, I don't understand how
      these attitudes prevail. I would never treat an actor
      poorly; my job is to make them good. I respect the
      director's vision of a show but I also expect respect
      for my knowledge. I don't think that's unreasonable.
      To me, that's just professional courtesy that should
      be observed in any profession -- even outside the
      theater.

      There is a reason I tell actors "Nice people get nice
      costumes; all others go naked. I reserve the right to
      put you in a burlap sack." Yes, I am being facetious
      but I sometimes say that to actors so they understand
      that I am not their personal fashion designer. Like
      others posted, too, there are good and bad directors.
      We have the choice to work with whom we please, right?
      Thanks again, Tara. Glad you had a nice trip.

      http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com