Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] armhole gaping

  • Alexadbw@aol.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 18, 2008
      Jess,
      You can take a dart in the armscye and compensate at another dart or seam.
      Here are a couple of sites that might be helpful.
      (http://www.perfectex.com/sewcolorchart.html)
      _http://www.cedesign.com/familyphotos/sewing/info/princessFBA/index.html_
      (http://www.cedesign.com/familyphotos/sewing/info/princessFBA/index.html)

      _http://sewing.patternreview.com/cgi-bin/sewingclasses/board.pl?t=30462_
      (http://sewing.patternreview.com/cgi-bin/sewingclasses/board.pl?t=30462)

      Alexa

      In a message dated 6/14/2008 10:33:15 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      siebelsan@... writes:

      Can anyone tell me how to fix this, or direct me to a diagram or
      something nbsp;<WBR>showing how   Thanks!
      Jess

    • Alexadbw@aol.com
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 18, 2008
        OK, don't know how that link made it into the post! I thought I had deleted
        it. Guess not!

        But then again, it IS a good site for hook & loop fasteners!
        Alexa

        In a message dated 6/18/2008 3:12:23 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
        Alexadbw@... writes:

        Jess,
        You can take a dart in the armscye and compensate at another dart or seam.
        Here are a couple of sites that might be helpful.
        (_http://www.perfectehttp://www.perfehttp://w_
        (http://www.perfectex.com/sewcolorchart.html) )

      • Trim Fairy
        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 19, 2008
          My two absolute favorite stain treatments are gonzo and the new Tide pen. Gonzo gets almost EVERYTHING out, but you have to use a lot and you have to wash it pretty quickly or you can get a stain ring. Tide pen gets nearly everything out and does not seem to leave a stain ring...

          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 20, 2008
            --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, Trim Fairy
            <trimfairy@...> wrote:

            > My two absolute favorite stain treatments are gonzo and the new Tide
            pen. Gonzo gets almost EVERYTHING out, but you have to use a lot and
            you have to wash it pretty quickly or you can get a stain ring. Tide
            pen gets nearly everything out and does not seem to leave a stain ring...

            I've become a very big fan of Spot Shot, which I've found to be
            phenomenal at removing makeup stains, even in extreme situations (like
            taking eyeliner pencil out of dupioni silk). It's not foolproof...but
            it does a pretty impressive job. Make sure, if you're using it, that
            you've got CLEAN white rags to blot with...I have given myself mild
            coronary gyrations by transferring residue from an old stain onto a
            garment I was trying to clean...