Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Source needed - 2 part apparel eyelets/grommets

  • Costume Gallery
    Message 1 of 19 , Jun 10, 2008
      I order from Greenberg & Hammer in NYC. they carry the 00 & 0 sizes.
      Joy
      Joy Galbraith
      Costume Gallery
      638 Monmouth Street
      Newport, Kentucky 41071
      859-655-9419
      www.costumegallery-newport.com

      On Jun 10, 2008, at 11:28 AM, costumeraz wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > Do any of you have a favorite source for 2-part apparel eyelets/
      > grommets?
      > Googling for these has proven frustrating so I'm hoping to benefit
      > from your
      > experience!
      >
      > Thanks.
      >
      > Laurie T.

    • Paula McWhirter-Buck
      Message 2 of 19 , Jun 10, 2008
        i found this..
        http://www.lucysfabrics.com/Trims/Eyelet-Tape/
        for a premade sew on thing, if that's what you're looking for.
        found it by googling "eyelet tape"
        i also found some stuff by googling "grommet tape"

        blessings,
        paula mcwhirter-buck

        > Do any of you have a favorite source for 2-part apparel
        > eyelets/grommets?
        > Googling for these has proven frustrating so I'm hoping
        > to benefit from your
        > experience!
        >
        > Thanks.
        >
        > Laurie T.

        > (Yahoo! ID required)
        >
        > mailto:TheCostumersManifesto-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

      • Melissa Humbert
        Message 3 of 19 , Jun 10, 2008
          Atlanta Thread and Supply has everything you need, including cutters and
          setters.

          http://store.atlantathread.com/grommets.html

          Greenberg and Hammer also carries grommets, but you can't order from their
          website. You have to call them.

          Richard the Thread just has grommets, no tools, but they have black as well
          as nickel and brass.

          Hope that helps!
        • Siebel San
          Message 4 of 19 , Jun 10, 2008
            www.corsetmaking.com is my favorite.

            - - - - - - - - - -

          • NJgardner@verizon.net
            Message 5 of 19 , Jun 10, 2008
              Hi Laurie
              Try Beacon......www.beaconfabric.com/vindex.html?cat81.htm. If you need a
              large quantity, you could contact Prym-Dritz for wholesale info. They might
              also be able to suggest a good setter if you have to do a lot.
              Pat

              > Do any of you have a favorite source for 2-part apparel eyelets/grommets?
              > Googling for these has proven frustrating so I'm hoping to benefit from
              > your
              > experience!
            • Rae Louise Wall
              Message 6 of 19 , Jun 10, 2008
                look for corset making suppliers. theu have exactly what you are looking for. I buy them by the gross :)

                Rae Louise

                Message 7 of 19 , Jun 10, 2008
                  The Fitting Room, a corset supplier, carries them in several colors and the
                  pliers as well:

                  http://members.aol.com/fittingrm/catalog.htm

                  I haven't ordered from her in over a year but I'm hoping she'll still in the
                  business.

                  Good luck!
                  ----------
                  Katrina Walker
                  <mailto:katrina@...> katrina@...
                  <http://www.katrinawalker.com/> www.katrinawalker.com

                  --- On Tue, 6/10/08, costumeraz <costumeraz@qwest.
                  <mailto:costumeraz%40qwest.net> net> wrote:

                  > From: costumeraz <costumeraz@qwest. <mailto:costumeraz%40qwest.net> net>
                  > Subject: [TheCostumersManifesto] Source needed - 2 part apparel
                  eyelets/grommets
                  > To: TheCostumersManifes <mailto:TheCostumersManifesto%40yahoogroups.com>
                  to@yahoogroups.com
                  > Date: Tuesday, June 10, 2008, 11:28 AM
                  > Hi,
                  >
                  > Do any of you have a favorite source for 2-part apparel
                  > eyelets/grommets?
                  > Googling for these has proven frustrating so I'm hoping
                  > to benefit from your
                  > experience!
                  >
                  > Thanks.
                  >
                  > Laurie T.

                  > (Yahoo! ID required)
                  >
                  > mailto:TheCostumersManifes
                  <mailto:TheCostumersManifesto-fullfeatured%40yahoogroups.com>
                  to-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                • geneiak
                  Message 8 of 19 , Jun 10, 2008
                    I always ordered them from Greenberg and Hammer.

                    retshopbuyer

                    --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "costumeraz"
                    <costumeraz@...> wrote:

                    > Hi,
                    >
                    > Do any of you have a favorite source for 2-part apparel
                    eyelets/grommets?
                    > Googling for these has proven frustrating so I'm hoping to benefit
                    from your
                    > experience!
                    >
                    > Thanks.
                    >
                    > Laurie T.

                  • Pierre & Sandy Pettinger
                    Message 9 of 19 , Jun 10, 2008
                      www.farthingalesla.com

                      Sandy

                      At 10:28 AM 6/10/2008, you wrote:
                      >Hi,
                      >
                      >Do any of you have a favorite source for 2-part apparel eyelets/grommets?
                      >Googling for these has proven frustrating so I'm hoping to benefit from your
                      >experience!
                      >
                      >Thanks.
                      >
                      >Laurie T.

                      "Those Who Fail To Learn History
                      Are Doomed to Repeat It;
                      Why They Are Simply Doomed.

                      Achemdro'hm
                      "The Illusion of Historical Fact"
                      -- C.Y. 4971

                      Andromeda
                    • siobhan713
                      Message 10 of 19 , Jun 11, 2008
                        I usually get mine at A-1 Foam and Fabrics in Santa Ana, CA. They have
                        a storefront and online ordering. They are mostly an upholstery store,
                        but they do sell grommets by the gross (144 piece lots) in 0 and 00
                        sizes. So they are cheaper if you are looking by buy more of them.
                      • Suzan Kathleen
                        Message 11 of 19 , Jun 18, 2008
                          Well, WalMart has them, most craft stores have them, and the Home-Sew
                          online and paper catalogues have them .....
                        • Renee Schmutz-Sowards
                          Message 12 of 19 , Jun 19, 2008
                            Don't be to sure about wal-mart...I was at wally world a few weeks ago for some other things and happened to notice all their eyelets and grommets were on the clearance rack. When I asked the (actually very sewing knowledgeable!) lady that works in the fabric dept. she told me they were no longer going to be carrying them at all.

                            This would have shocked me, but I'd already used up my store of shock when they stopped carrying embroidery floss :( :( :(

                            Renee

                            Suzan Kathleen <ballfringenation@...> wrote: Well, WalMart has them, most craft stores have them, and the Home-Sew
                            online and paper catalogues have them .....

                          • Curtis
                            Message 13 of 19 , Jun 20, 2008
                              --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, Renee Schmutz-Sowards
                              <janejr_2000@...> wrote:

                              > Don't be to sure about wal-mart...I was at wally world a few weeks
                              ago for some other things and happened to notice all their eyelets
                              and grommets were on the clearance rack.

                              I think it depends on what kind of business the store has been doing.
                              There are three different Wal-Marts within 15 miles of my home, each
                              has a very different sewing/fabric/crafts section with different items
                              in stock and different fabrics available (well, most of the 'regular'
                              fabrics are the same...but there's a lot of variety there). One has a
                              total of two sewing machine models available...another has about six
                              or seven. One carries a plethora of trims, ribbons, braid, etc...the
                              others have a few, but not very many and it's all the cheap stuff.

                              If their crafts section has been making good money for them, they're
                              keeping it...but like any store that's conscious of the bottom line,
                              if they don't do much business in those items, they'll stop carrying them.

                              That being said, I've seen the same grommet supplies available at the
                              local JoAnns and Hancock stores...
                            • Siebel San
                              Message 14 of 19 , Jun 24, 2008
                                I think that all the old rumors are true and that Walmart is indeed slowly phasing out their fabric departments.� I go down to Tennessee for the ren faire, and the walmart near our campground used to have an excellent dollar bin.� I would buy hundreds of dollars worth each year.� Last year there was amost no fabric, and this year there was none.� Bummer.

                                Also, thank you to everyone who sent me info on the gaping armhole problem.� Still researching and playing around with my pattern, but thanks for giving me a jumping-off point :-)

                                All the best,
                                Jess

                                Don't be to sure about wal-mart...I was at wally world a few weeks ago for some other things and happened to notice all their eyelets and grommets were on the clearance rack. When I asked the (actually very sewing knowledgeable! ) lady that works in the fabric dept. she told me they were no longer going to be carrying them at all.

                                This would have shocked me, but I'd already used up my store of shock when they stopped carrying embroidery floss :( :( :(

                                Renee

                                Suzan Kathleen <ballfringenation@ yahoo.com> wrote: Well, WalMart has them, most craft stores have them, and the Home-Sew
                                online and paper catalogues have them .....