Source needed - 2 part apparel eyelets/grommets

  • costumeraz
    Message 1 of 19 , Jun 10, 2008
      Hi,

      Do any of you have a favorite source for 2-part apparel eyelets/grommets?
      Googling for these has proven frustrating so I'm hoping to benefit from your
      experience!

      Thanks.

      Laurie T.
    • Costume Gallery
      Message 2 of 19 , Jun 10, 2008
        I order from Greenberg & Hammer in NYC. they carry the 00 & 0 sizes.
        Joy
        Joy Galbraith
        Costume Gallery
        638 Monmouth Street
        Newport, Kentucky 41071
        859-655-9419
        www.costumegallery-newport.com

        On Jun 10, 2008, at 11:28 AM, costumeraz wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > Do any of you have a favorite source for 2-part apparel eyelets/
        > grommets?
        > Googling for these has proven frustrating so I'm hoping to benefit
        > from your
        > experience!
        >
        > Thanks.
        >
        > Laurie T.

      • Paula McWhirter-Buck
        Message 3 of 19 , Jun 10, 2008
          i found this..
          http://www.lucysfabrics.com/Trims/Eyelet-Tape/
          for a premade sew on thing, if that's what you're looking for.
          found it by googling "eyelet tape"
          i also found some stuff by googling "grommet tape"

          blessings,
          paula mcwhirter-buck

          > Do any of you have a favorite source for 2-part apparel
          > eyelets/grommets?
          > Googling for these has proven frustrating so I'm hoping
          > to benefit from your
          > experience!
          >
          > Thanks.
          >
          > Laurie T.

          > (Yahoo! ID required)
          >
          > mailto:TheCostumersManifesto-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

        • Melissa Humbert
          Message 4 of 19 , Jun 10, 2008
            Atlanta Thread and Supply has everything you need, including cutters and
            setters.

            http://store.atlantathread.com/grommets.html

            Greenberg and Hammer also carries grommets, but you can't order from their
            website. You have to call them.

            Richard the Thread just has grommets, no tools, but they have black as well
            as nickel and brass.

            Hope that helps!
          • Siebel San
            Message 5 of 19 , Jun 10, 2008
              www.corsetmaking.com is my favorite.

              - - - - - - - - - -

            • NJgardner@verizon.net
              Message 6 of 19 , Jun 10, 2008
                Hi Laurie
                Try Beacon......www.beaconfabric.com/vindex.html?cat81.htm. If you need a
                large quantity, you could contact Prym-Dritz for wholesale info. They might
                also be able to suggest a good setter if you have to do a lot.
                Pat

                > Do any of you have a favorite source for 2-part apparel eyelets/grommets?
                > Googling for these has proven frustrating so I'm hoping to benefit from
                > your
                > experience!
              • Rae Louise Wall
                Message 7 of 19 , Jun 10, 2008
                  look for corset making suppliers. theu have exactly what you are looking for. I buy them by the gross :)

                  Rae Louise

                  Message 8 of 19 , Jun 10, 2008
                    The Fitting Room, a corset supplier, carries them in several colors and the
                    pliers as well:

                    http://members.aol.com/fittingrm/catalog.htm

                    I haven't ordered from her in over a year but I'm hoping she'll still in the
                    business.

                    Good luck!
                    ----------
                    Katrina Walker
                    <mailto:katrina@...> katrina@...
                    <http://www.katrinawalker.com/> www.katrinawalker.com

                    --- On Tue, 6/10/08, costumeraz <costumeraz@qwest.
                    <mailto:costumeraz%40qwest.net> net> wrote:

                    > From: costumeraz <costumeraz@qwest. <mailto:costumeraz%40qwest.net> net>
                    > Subject: [TheCostumersManifesto] Source needed - 2 part apparel
                    eyelets/grommets
                    > To: TheCostumersManifes <mailto:TheCostumersManifesto%40yahoogroups.com>
                    to@yahoogroups.com
                    > Date: Tuesday, June 10, 2008, 11:28 AM
                    > Hi,
                    >
                    > Do any of you have a favorite source for 2-part apparel
                    > eyelets/grommets?
                    > Googling for these has proven frustrating so I'm hoping
                    > to benefit from your
                    > experience!
                    >
                    > Thanks.
                    >
                    > Laurie T.

                    > (Yahoo! ID required)
                    >
                    > mailto:TheCostumersManifes
                    <mailto:TheCostumersManifesto-fullfeatured%40yahoogroups.com>
                    to-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                  • geneiak
                    Message 9 of 19 , Jun 10, 2008
                      I always ordered them from Greenberg and Hammer.

                      retshopbuyer

                      --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "costumeraz"
                      <costumeraz@...> wrote:

                      > Hi,
                      >
                      > Do any of you have a favorite source for 2-part apparel
                      eyelets/grommets?
                      > Googling for these has proven frustrating so I'm hoping to benefit
                      from your
                      > experience!
                      >
                      > Thanks.
                      >
                      > Laurie T.

                    • Pierre & Sandy Pettinger
                      Message 10 of 19 , Jun 10, 2008
                        www.farthingalesla.com

                        Sandy

                        At 10:28 AM 6/10/2008, you wrote:
                        >Hi,
                        >
                        >Do any of you have a favorite source for 2-part apparel eyelets/grommets?
                        >Googling for these has proven frustrating so I'm hoping to benefit from your
                        >experience!
                        >
                        >Thanks.
                        >
                        >Laurie T.

                        "Those Who Fail To Learn History
                        Are Doomed to Repeat It;
                        Why They Are Simply Doomed.

                        Achemdro'hm
                        "The Illusion of Historical Fact"
                        -- C.Y. 4971

                        Andromeda
                      • siobhan713
                        Message 11 of 19 , Jun 11, 2008
                          I usually get mine at A-1 Foam and Fabrics in Santa Ana, CA. They have
                          a storefront and online ordering. They are mostly an upholstery store,
                          but they do sell grommets by the gross (144 piece lots) in 0 and 00
                          sizes. So they are cheaper if you are looking by buy more of them.
                        • Suzan Kathleen
                          Message 12 of 19 , Jun 18, 2008
                            Well, WalMart has them, most craft stores have them, and the Home-Sew
                            online and paper catalogues have them .....
                          • Renee Schmutz-Sowards
                            Message 13 of 19 , Jun 19, 2008
                              Don't be to sure about wal-mart...I was at wally world a few weeks ago for some other things and happened to notice all their eyelets and grommets were on the clearance rack. When I asked the (actually very sewing knowledgeable!) lady that works in the fabric dept. she told me they were no longer going to be carrying them at all.

                              This would have shocked me, but I'd already used up my store of shock when they stopped carrying embroidery floss :( :( :(

                              Renee

                              Suzan Kathleen <ballfringenation@...> wrote: Well, WalMart has them, most craft stores have them, and the Home-Sew
                              online and paper catalogues have them .....

                            • Curtis
                              Message 14 of 19 , Jun 20, 2008
                                --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, Renee Schmutz-Sowards
                                <janejr_2000@...> wrote:

                                > Don't be to sure about wal-mart...I was at wally world a few weeks
                                ago for some other things and happened to notice all their eyelets
                                and grommets were on the clearance rack.

                                I think it depends on what kind of business the store has been doing.
                                There are three different Wal-Marts within 15 miles of my home, each
                                has a very different sewing/fabric/crafts section with different items
                                in stock and different fabrics available (well, most of the 'regular'
                                fabrics are the same...but there's a lot of variety there). One has a
                                total of two sewing machine models available...another has about six
                                or seven. One carries a plethora of trims, ribbons, braid, etc...the
                                others have a few, but not very many and it's all the cheap stuff.

                                If their crafts section has been making good money for them, they're
                                keeping it...but like any store that's conscious of the bottom line,
                                if they don't do much business in those items, they'll stop carrying them.

                                That being said, I've seen the same grommet supplies available at the
                                local JoAnns and Hancock stores...
                              • Siebel San
                                Message 15 of 19 , Jun 24, 2008
                                  I think that all the old rumors are true and that Walmart is indeed slowly phasing out their fabric departments.� I go down to Tennessee for the ren faire, and the walmart near our campground used to have an excellent dollar bin.� I would buy hundreds of dollars worth each year.� Last year there was amost no fabric, and this year there was none.� Bummer.

                                  Also, thank you to everyone who sent me info on the gaping armhole problem.� Still researching and playing around with my pattern, but thanks for giving me a jumping-off point :-)

                                  All the best,
                                  Jess

                                  Don't be to sure about wal-mart...I was at wally world a few weeks ago for some other things and happened to notice all their eyelets and grommets were on the clearance rack. When I asked the (actually very sewing knowledgeable! ) lady that works in the fabric dept. she told me they were no longer going to be carrying them at all.

                                  This would have shocked me, but I'd already used up my store of shock when they stopped carrying embroidery floss :( :( :(

                                  Renee

                                  Suzan Kathleen <ballfringenation@ yahoo.com> wrote: Well, WalMart has them, most craft stores have them, and the Home-Sew
                                  online and paper catalogues have them .....