Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Halter style gown

  • Terri Lee
    Message 1 of 2 , May 30, 2002

      > Thanks again.. now if I could have some guidance on
      > drafting a halter
      > style evening gown with a hoop skirt the size of
      > Texas!

      I make Civil War dresses, and gowns.
      Take any halter top that you like, square the waist,
      and pleat a skirt on to the top... Walla, easy as pie.

      4 1/2 yards will cover a 6 bone hoop O.K. But your
      skirt will move like a bell.
      5 1/2 your starting to get the Cinderella look.

      And 6 to 7 gives you the skirt the size of Texas,
      When you move the fabric floats, and it gives a very
      nice graceful effect.

      I have also found that by adding a petticoat or two
      over the hoop. Gives a very soft loft look, and that
      helps to enhannce the floating effect of a skirt with
      less yardage.
      Enjoy!
      Terri Lee

      http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com