Robber

  • David
    Message 1 of 2 , May 24, 2008
      I could be mistaken but I believe it is a small piece of jewelry worn
      at the waist designed to carry the lady of the house's keys.
    • Aurora Celeste
      Message 2 of 2 , May 24, 2008
        That was my impulse, too, that it was another word for chatelaine, or a
        device worn on a chatelaine to hold up the skirts, but I can't find any
        source to back that up.