dressmaking software?

  • Mandy
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 24, 2008
      Hi everyone,

      Well, I've hit the proverbial brick wall. :( I have scourered the net and
      found severely handicapped demo's, video demo's, useless programs and things
      that just don't work for me - or links missing completely!

      Does anyone have links or information on where I can get a free dressmaking
      software. I only use patterns for making costumes for theatre, or for fancy
      dress for my daughter and friends. But I hate the process of having to
      alter or redesign patterns. I've been doing it by hand for long enough and
      just want a program that will allow me to make dart, sizing and length
      alterations as I need. Oh, and to be able to cut and shut a pattern to make
      something else out of it. eg.. basic form to corset. :)

      When you are given a size 8 dress or top pattern, and asked to turn it into
      a size 20 - or you have 20 shirts to make, all from the same size M pattern,
      but only 2 of the men are size M... You can't say no, but you're dreading
      the drafting process... They also make sure they give it to you at the very
      last minute...

      Any suggestions very much appreciated. :)

      Mandy