Re: Paint on lino?

  • geneiak
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 24, 2008
      what is lino ?
      i would go to a hardware store and check to see what they may have in
      the way of metal parts that could work as studs-
      i bought some large probably US quarter size about 5 years ago-
      they were reasonably priced=
      don't remember where i got them but found them online by doing a
      google search for studs and grommets

      retshopbuyer-

      -- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "Mandy"
      <mandythepcgirl@...> wrote:

      > Hi again all,
      >
      > I started a new thread, as I didn't want it to get lost in the
      other bits.

      > I've decided that the best way to do the flappy things (who's name
      I still can't find) that is worn over the tunic from the waist at the
      point the chest armour stops, is with cheap lino. It's thin enough to
      cut with scissors, light enough that it can be sewn to a fabric band
      and cheap. But I will need to paint it - probably black. Can anyone
      suggest the best type of paint to use that won't chip, peel or
      crack? Will priming it help? Or do I need to "rough it up".. LOL
      (hang it, and beat the be-jeezers out of it!!)

      > I think she also wants studs.. anyone know where I can get bulk
      cheap studs? I don't care what they are, but the cheap costume skirt
      that she's bought (Cheap - $135AU for 2 wrist wraps, neck band and
      skirt!! Whoa) has large upside down top caps that are normally on
      jeans. They look riveted! So, I'm looking for something that
      suggests silver studs or similar.