In need of a sewing buddy

  • underwear_artist
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 27, 2008
      Help! I live in southwest Michigan on the Indiana border and need a
      sewing buddy to help fit historical clothing. You simply cannot fit a
      ball gown bodice or a corset on yourself! Is there anyone nearby that
      would like or need a sewing buddy?

      Thanks!
    • mongrelmuppet
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 30, 2008
        You might check out reconstructinghistory.com, Kass McGann's place. I
        think there's a link or two to the groups from her main site. A lot of
        them are involved in in-person groups that have interests in various
        periods of historical clothing. They might be able to point you in the
        right direction if you post this request on their board.
        Good luck!

        --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "underwear_artist"
        <eileen3d@...> wrote:

        > Help! I live in southwest Michigan on the Indiana border and need a
        > sewing buddy to help fit historical clothing. You simply cannot fit a
        > ball gown bodice or a corset on yourself! Is there anyone nearby that
        > would like or need a sewing buddy?
        >
        > Thanks!

      • Paula McWhirter-Buck
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 5, 2008
          i'm about to costume THE MIRACLE WORKER for a local professional summer
          stock, but havent received a script, yet (it's a few months away
          still). i'm looking for a general costume plot for the show, to get a
          little idea of how much i can pull from stock, etc.
          the link i tried on the costumer's manifesto website is dead (as i've
          noticed several are on that site), and i'm wondering if there's
          anything out in the "world wide" that might be of use for this and any
          other show.
          anybody know anything?

          thanks.

          brightest of blessings,
          paula mcwhirter-buck

        • Costume Lady
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 5, 2008
            Check out this website

            http://www.norcostco.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=276

            They have a costume plot for the show it looks like. And I think they
            email it to you. They are free, but you have to go through an order
            process.
          • Flanagans
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 5, 2008
              I'll be interested to hear what sources others use for costume plots; I have good luck doing an internet search (Google, Yahoo, Dogpile) for the name of the play and the words "costume plot" (in this case, "The Miracle Worker costume plot"). I usually get a lot of relevant sites. Good luck!

            • Carla Pollard
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 5, 2008
                http://www.akrondesign.com/teaser/miracleworker.html

                Ask them to send you one; you don't need to let them know you aren't going to be renting from them you just need the plot !

                > To: TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com
                > From: keridwyn_98@...
                > Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 08:56:44 -0700
                > Subject: [TheCostumersManifesto] online costume plots for the old classics?
                >
                > i'm about to costume THE MIRACLE WORKER for a local professional summer
                > stock, but havent received a script, yet (it's a few months away
                > still). i'm looking for a general costume plot for the show, to get a
                > little idea of how much i can pull from stock, etc.
                > the link i tried on the costumer's manifesto website is dead (as i've
                > noticed several are on that site), and i'm wondering if there's
                > anything out in the "world wide" that might be of use for this and any
                > other show.
                > anybody know anything?
                >
                > thanks.
                >
                > brightest of blessings,
                > paula mcwhirter-buck
                >
                > "THE TIME HAS COME", THE WALRUS SAID,"TO TALK OF MANY THINGS.
                > OF SHOES, AND SHIPS AND SEALING WAX, OF CABBAGES AND KINGS.
                > AND WHY THE SEA IS BOILING HOT, AND WHETHER PIGS HAVE WINGS."

              • Kelley Maxfield
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 7, 2008
                  Try Norcostco at
                  http://www.norcostco.com/

                  Click on costume plots and then the play you want. You have to put it in the shopping cart like you are buying it but it is free. They then send you an email with a link to where you can down load the plot.
                  They have the Miracle worker listed and I have downloaded their costume plots in the past. This will give you an idea,
                  Hope this helps

                  Mrs. Kelley Maxfield
                  Maranatha Baptist Bible College
                  745 W. Main St