Lieutenant of Inishmore

  • Linda Scribner
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 15, 2008
      We're doing a production of Inishmore and I'm drawing a blank on how
      to "cut" Davey's hair night after night on stage. Our budget would
      only allow inexpensive costume wigs and the way the scene is fairly
      rough, I'm not sure they wouldn't pull the wig off. Anyone have any
      ideas out there?
      Thanks
      Linda Scribner
      Univ. of South Dakota
    • Curtis
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 16, 2008
        --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "Linda Scribner"
        <Linda.Scribner@...> wrote:

        > We're doing a production of Inishmore and I'm drawing a blank on how
        > to "cut" Davey's hair night after night on stage. Our budget would
        > only allow inexpensive costume wigs and the way the scene is fairly
        > rough, I'm not sure they wouldn't pull the wig off. Anyone have any
        > ideas out there?

        --Stitch in some hair clips on the wigs, so that the wig actually
        clips to the actor's hair to be held more securely?

        --Use multiple falls of hair that can be fairly easily removed?

        Do you have any idea how it's been handled in previous productions?